Seven minutes of what it sounds like in my head. Real. Nothing to hide. I record 7 minutes of what I'm thinking and then write it down. Here's what it's like to have ADD.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3-21-2012

Listening to E read.  It's painful to hear Dick and Jane. Do parents even name their kids Dick any more? I hope not. That would be mean. There are lots of names that you no longer hear.  Like Bob.  Why don't more parents use Bob? It's a respectable name.  Could it be that they no longer want their children to be respectable? They want them to be hot and cool.  Which you would think would cancel each other out, but somehow they don't.  People don't dream about having warm children.  Although maybe they do and they just never say. No one ever says I want a normal kid who will lead an average life of modest accomplishments.  But that's what most people do.  Isn't it? We lead average lives and are well satisfied to live them.  So why don't parents want that for their children?  Why don't they want solid? They want hares and not tortoises. The tortoise won. Does anyone really call the tortoises? They're turtles, aren't they?

Great. The baby is smiling at me and not just eating.  Eat!  I love you too, but Eat! Hurry up because I have to pee and I don't have that whole diaper safety net thing going on around here.

I'm back.  I had to put her down.  Love her, but I can't hold the baby every hour of every day.  I was talking with a friend of mine earlier about the saints and the women who disfigured themselves to avoid marriage.  That just seems harsh to me.  I get not liking a guy, but plucking out your own eyeballs?  That's a bit much.  Then he's just thinking how he dodged the bullet from that crazy train and he moves on but what are you left with? Empty sockets? What do you do with that? Did they have sunglasses back then? No. Probably not. SO the whole world just got to see your flapping lids.  Gross.  I don't need to see that.   That's nasty.  I don't care how holy it makes you, it's gross.  I'm not a fan of grossness at this point in my life. I have 7 children, that's all the gross I need.  I don't even want to know how many bodily fluids I'm wearing by the end of the day, but if I were a petri dish I'd be all fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment