Seven minutes of what it sounds like in my head. Real. Nothing to hide. I record 7 minutes of what I'm thinking and then write it down. Here's what it's like to have ADD.

Monday, January 16, 2012

1-16-12

The baby is all curled up into my lap and making noises like a little snuffling animal.  What kind of animal would that be?  An elephant is what comes to mind, but I can't picture one curling up in his mother's lap.  Do elephants have laps?  A kangaroo does in a way.  Do you think kangaroos get tired of carrying their babies everywhere and ever want to say "Get out and walk, darn it."?  Are animals capable of that kind of thinking?  I would call it higher level, but I really wanted to write "dammit" and that's lower level thinking, I'm sure.

My daughter's friend is coming to visit soon, but she seems torn by it.  I get that.  People grow apart  when they don't see each other often.  It can be awkward at first.  But there are some friends who are at ease from the first moment.  They're the kind I ask for, and if you are fortunate God will grant you one and you only need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment