Seven minutes of what it sounds like in my head. Real. Nothing to hide. I record 7 minutes of what I'm thinking and then write it down. Here's what it's like to have ADD.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1-24-12

Almost 700 hits on my other blog today.  I've never had that many before.  It's been shared and the re-shared all over Facebook.  Facebook is an odd thing.  It makes strangers feel like close friends.  It makes the cooped up stay at homer fell as though she's interacted with dozens of people when the reality is she's seen no one.  We all crave that interaction.  We need other people.  Even the people who don't like people need people.  What kind of people don't like people?  It's the highest form of narcissism if you like no one's company except your own , or the worst self loathing if you include yourself.  That's just weird to me, to hate what you are.  I can see not liking the who part.  We all have things we'd like to change or that we hide from the world.  Like the oozy nasty face of the Phantom of the Opera.  We all have nasty oozy bits.  The trick is to not let then get infected or the ooze will spread.  Who wants to be the spready oozy girl?  No thank you.  I'd rather just stay at home then and not spread my oozy nastiness around. Which is, I guess, how you get to the point of not liking other people.  It's not that they're gross, it's that you are.   Or you're agoraphobic which is even harder to figure out, or was before the internet.  I can see how you can stay home and do nothing now, because you can just order everything on Amazon.  100 years ago you had to leave the house to earn a living and to shop, unless someone else did it for you.  An enabler.  Then I guess you'd need a person after all.

1 comment:

  1. "the spready oozy girl"? That sounds really really bad, like...never mind. I'm not going there.

    ReplyDelete