Seven minutes of what it sounds like in my head. Real. Nothing to hide. I record 7 minutes of what I'm thinking and then write it down. Here's what it's like to have ADD.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1-25-12

It's funny the people you talk to on facebook.  All my childhood friends are there, the girls I talked with late into the night.  I don't talk to them.  I chat with the girl who was the school slut, the creepy goth guy, and the hippie vegetarian chick. They're so fascinating to me now.  Why was I so blind to their charm back then?  I love the wry sense of humor, or the wisdom from experience that they have.  The girls who were so cool then are so boring now.  I'll bet they were boring then.  I've learned hat cool is nothing more than the right clothes, a certain walk, and looking too bored to care.  Who would want to be that?  Why is it attractive?  Is it just that they were playing hard to get so we all wanted them to like us?  It's strange because that same aura of boredom is still attractive to me today.  Now, though, I know better.  I see it for the mask of insecurity that it is.  If they want to wear a mask, why wear a bored one? They should find a fun one full of glitter and sequins to mask who unsure of themselves they are.  People get distracted by shiny things.  Like fish.  Fish are attracted to cheap shiny plastic and cool colors so they don't miss the rest of the stuff that's just hanging around.  Funny how the uncool people are the people with the self esteem.  They are also the only ones who can dress like a fishing lure and not look stupid.  It's because they know how tacky and ridiculous they look, but they own it.  They know clothes are just a disguise anyway, so they turn everyday into Halloween.  Which actually makes them the cool kids after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment